Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Feature Article Artist Planning (Main Artist)

Feature Article Artists Planning

For my main artist I decided to have a solo artist as the cover and featured artist within the magazine. I intend on using George as my artist Skylar Matthews. Skylar Matthews is a new breakthrough artist who is sharing how is was discovered and his background life and inspiration for the single he has just recently released. Skylar is 18 and Lives in Brighton but his origins of family come from Scotland so he has a slight Scottish accent and is slightly detected within his music. He used to be in a band called "Brixton" with his 3 friends Aiden, Oscar and Oakley. Skylar decided to go solo after he finished sixth form and he started working solely on his music as well as working part- time in the local cafĂ© and playing gigs by the pier. Skylar is also single so the sex appeal with stretch within the female reader. The costume I want for my model is as follows: I want to incorporate a very rugged and "don't care" look to my model. By doing this I would encourage my model to wear a leather jacket, plain white shirt, doc martens or vans and possibly be holding either a guitar as a prop or wearing sunglasses or i would like him to be wearing a denimn shirt and black trousers with black vans. The leather jacket/denimn shirt is to represent the "bad boy" image that appeals to the female audience as well posing as a fashion must have for the male fans. The plain white T-shirt represents a more earth like and relatable figure to follow for the readers and fans. It also intrigues the audience to read about the article and his style as he looks like a very ordinary guy, so it solely focuses on his music rather than his image. The Doc martens and Vans would then promote the products as well as encourage readers to follow his dress sense as well as the brands relate the  target audience of ABC1 category.  Hairstyle: I want his hair to be spike up slightly as he has quite short hair, but the style is very popular within male subjects so by using this hair style to compliment the outfit it with create a trend for readers to aspire to. I believe this style is appropriate towards the associated genre of indie rock. The pose I want the model to portray is very relaxed and natural so a possible location could be up against a tree in the woods, as the signifies the new artist coming out of no where or just classically against a brick wall to show connotations of his back ground either being from a city or his lifestyle revolving around city life. Or I would like to shoot it whithin a skate park to reflect his interests of skateboarding.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment